Ideal for every job.
For drilling metal, wood and plastic
Superior drilling performance
Precision ground from solid cobalt alloyed high speed steel for superior drilling performance. The higher cobalt alters the material characteristics by increasing the hardness and high resistance to abrasion. This type of drill is suited to drilling materials that have high toughness and tensile strength, such as cast iron, bronze, weld seams and stainless steel.
Features and Benefits:
- M2 high speed steel
- Suits DIY to tradesman
- Ideal for every job
- Trade tough
- For drilling metal, wood and plastic
- Industrial quality for drilling stainless steel and other tough materials
- 135 degree Split Point Enables accurate positioning and less drilling pressure
- Colour tempered finish enables identification of cobalt drills
- 5% cobalt formula improves abrasive & heat resistance, for increased strength at higher drilling temperatures
- Constructed of M-35 5 percent cobalt high speed steel for super abrasive resistance in tough metals
- Cobalt steel extends cutting edge life and maintains cutting life after resharpening
- Extra hard drill for greater wear
- Reduced shank above 3/8" allows the use of larger drill bits in a 3/8" chuck
- Rubber over molded case protects kit if dropped
- Tap & Drill selection chart for convenient reference.
- Automatic indexing for easy bit access and identification
- Removable cartridges: easy to carry bits from case to work site
- Size: 23mm
- Material: Cobalt Steel
Cobalt drills are a preferred drill for harder materials especially stainless steel. The primary reason for this being they hold there rigidity and hardness at a higher temperature than HSS drill bits. All our cobalt drills are under the X- torque brand and as such have split points (self centering points). Cobalt drills are more suited to CNC machines, Pillar Drills and Drill Presses due to the brittleness of the material compared to standard HSS.
X- torque: A range of HSS-Co drills bits that offer benchmark quality, precision ground drill bits that maintain precise diameters, thus leaving precision tolerances in drilled holes. Not only are X- torque HSS-Co drills precise, they also last longer under production conditions, excavate swarf quicker and feature a ?split point' or ?self centring' tip. Scroll down to choose between jobber length HSS-Co, stub length HSS-Co or long series HSS-Co.